I have attended many bridal and baby showers over the years and without a doubt, throwing a personalized homemade gift into the of pile of generous gifts is always a pleasant surprise for the soon to be bride or mommy. Mainly because she didn’t expect it! There is no way she can register for this homemade gift! My best advice is don’t make the handcrafted creation be your only gift. Making an inexpensive craft like I did below will make a nice addition to your already thoughtful gift.
My marshmallow baby was inspired by the soon to be mama’s last name. Marsh. They have been looking forward to the arrival of their lil marshmallow for months and so it only seemed appropriate to give them a lil sneak peek of whats to come. You could go with marshmallows or something totally different, depending on whats near and dear to the soon to be rents.
Need: Clear Plastic Kitchen Bag, Thread, scissors, Black Marker, White Shopping Bag, ingredient for Baby (I used 2 bags of marshmallows)
1. Pour ingredients into clear bag. Adjust to the size of the head you want. Knot off the bag. Closing the Ingredients in.
2. Pour more ingredients in and split it off to 2 sections (the arms). Use thread to tie off each arm.
3. Fill belly. Tie it off with thread.
4. Pour ingredients into rest of bag. Tie off whole bag as close to belly as possible. Split in 2 sections (the legs). Tie off with thread.
5. Use white bag (diaper) to cover the tie off of the end of the bag. Draw face on!